Before And After Photos
This is a 21 year old woman, 5’9″ and 117 pounds, with no children who presented for a breast augmentation. She is seen here after a bilateral breast augmentation with 385cc high profile textured silicone implants placed beneath the muscle from an incision at the bottom of her breasts.
She enjoys what I call an almost perfect result for the following reasons:
- The shape is excellent and is what is in demand right now. Note that she has a rounded upper pole of her breast most noticeable on the lateral view. Although this is totally exaggerated compared to a “natural” breast, this is the fullness that makes it all so worth it-there is no better appearance to the upper chest than this with breast implants. It works perfectly with clothing that shows the chest, or with a bra or bathing suit.
- The breast implant has not been forced or made to go below her natural breast crease. What happens with this is that upper breast fullness is much less and the bottom of the breast can be quite full. An extreme case of this is what we call “bottoming out.” This is OK in a bra, but not good when naked. Her nipples may be a bit on the lower side when her implants sit above the actual breast crease, but this is actually quite cool and you can make an argument that it’s as good as it gets.
- She had a great chest and breast shape to begin with-great results come when the anatomy is perfect and her tissues are ideal.
- Although the implants are a bit larger than what I usually go for, these are about as big as I would suggest with her body type and tissues.
- She wears a great bra and understands that without support all breasts will move down and to the side over time, unless there is a pathological contracture keeping them rock stiff.
- By using the Keller Funnel for the insertion of the breast implant, I am able to keep her incision very small and I don’t have to be as rough with the breast implants during insertion. Easier insertion of a breast implant means the potential for less rupture of the implant years down the line (common sense).
- Most importantly, and the reason why women get breast implants, she really, really loves her new breasts, and the doors have been opened for the positive feedback from the mirror in terms of self-confidence and more.