Top Reasons Why You Should Consider Larger Implants For Breast Augmentation
Anatomy — Larger implants may work better with your anatomy. A breast augmentation is not just about your breasts. Choosing a size that works with your
proportions, even if it’s larger than you had anticipated, can powerfully change your body’s overall shape.
- You may have narrow, widely separated breasts with a big distance between them. The only way to fill in the gap is to use large enough breast implants.
- Implants that are too small for your body type can appear like “doorknobs.”
- Larger implants can work effectively to hide breast or chest wall asymmetries.
- They can also balance out your features, making you look skinnier and offsetting a larger booty.
- Larger implants fill out loose breast skin, making the breast appear more “lifted.”
- Take a look at recent before and after breast augmentation photos to see what looks best for your frame.
Cultural values — Breasts are highly valued in American society. The feedback you will receive after your enhancement may be something that you enjoy.
- Bigger is better. Not always, but sometimes. We live in Texas after all, and everything is bigger in Texas. In fact, your friends, family and partner may question why you got it done if you went so small.
- Once you have adjusted to your new breasts and you discover the benefits of larger breasts, it’s often hard to resist the temptation for “a little bit more”.
Here are some cultural stigmas that often hold patients back from choosing larger implants:
- Fear of going too large and “looking like a stripper” sometimes makes patients choose implants that are too small.
Many patients think themselves to be unique in wanting reasonably sized and na href=”/blog/natural-plastic-surgery/”>natural looking implants. The fact is, most patients are pretty similar in what they ask for, what
they like and what they don’t like.
- Some women who are more conservative may not want their breasts to be the focus of attention. Ironically, these patients are often the very ones who wish they had gone larger.
- Former patients tell the truth — The number one regret of patients who undergo breast augmentations is they should have gone larger.”
Post-operation and recovery — There are numerous benefits of larger implants that you may not even be able to anticipate.
- After the initial swelling subsides and the implants settle to a normal position, your breasts will appear smaller. You will get used to this size and may even wish you had gone bigger.
- Sloping of the chest wall, which most women have, offsets the volume of your implant so it won’t appear as large when you’re clothed.
- You will no longer remember, or care to remember, what it was like before your breast enhancement.
If you don’t have much to begin with, and we place implant sizers and stand you in front of the mirror for the first time, your breast will look big, really big. You haven’t seen yourself like this before and it takes time to
adjust. Once you get used to it, it’s not uncommon to find “more” quite acceptable.
- A larger breast implant may save you from needing a breast lift later on.
- Finally, if it makes you happy, why deny yourself the benefits?
How A Breast Augmentation Is Performed
— Robert Caridi, MD
Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Founder of the Austin Gynecomastia Center
Make Tomorrow Beautiful
Schedule Your Consultation
When it comes to improving your life, there’s no time like the present. The decisions you make today about your skin health, your body, and your beauty will impact you for the rest of your life. For more than three decades, Westlake Plastic Surgery has made the future brighter and more beautiful for patients just like you. Schedule your consultation today to begin your aesthetic journey at Westlake Plastic Surgery.
Schedule An Online Consultation