Our Surgical Suite
Dr. Robert Caridi’s Westlake Plastic Surgery has a fully equipped surgical suite accredited by the AAAASF (American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities). The AAAASF, a national agency whose board members are virtually all physicians, requires that a facility adhere to strict standards for quality patient care and safety. Each facility must be physically inspected and 100% compliance with these standards must be demonstrated on a yearly basis to obtain and continue to be awarded accreditation. It also provides standardized practice guidelines for the surgeon operating in single-specialty ambulatory surgical facilities. Thus, accreditation at Westlake Plastic Surgery identifies the facility as one which:
- is directed by Dr. Robert Caridi, an ABMS board certified surgeon, and Dr. Diane Boysen, board certified anesthesiologist; with comparable hospital privileges for all the procedures performed in the outpatient center,
- has successfully completed quality assurance and peer review activities, established within the facility, or developed among other surgeons, or by joining a peer review organization,
- adheres to ethical standards of their appropriate surgical specialty society or the American Medical Association (AMA),
- adheres to the Laws and Regulations governing the operation of the facility, such as OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazardous Waste Standards and the Americans with Disabilities Act, State and local laws, and appropriate Federal Laws,
- meets high standards of the accreditation program.
Accreditation consists of a three-fold review that includes a site visit, an AAAASF panel assessment of site visit findings, and successful participation in a peer review/quality assurance program, which results must be reported to AAAASF.
Inspections performed by ABMS Board Certified surgeons who own and/or direct an accredited surgery facility of his/her own.
The on-site interaction and inspector verifies compliance with standards, provides a resource (through the inspector’s experience and expertise) to the facility’s management, and offers a unique educational opportunity for dialogue between and among the surgeons. We strongly believe this is the ultimate in peer evaluation and quality assurance since the inspector is a member of the same specialty with invaluable expertise and insight. Every aspect of the center is reviewed including (but not limited to) patient charts, personnel records and qualifications, safety procedures, and patient selection criteria. The inspector also assesses the scope of procedures performed in the outpatient center to assure that the surgeon has comparable hospital privileges for each specific procedure.
Thus, establishment of standards and the site visit process have enabled the staff at Westlake Plastic Surgery to develop a quality facility, verify that quality with objective assessment against measurable standards and ultimately improve the quality and safety of patient care.
Dr. Robert Caridi, along with Dr. James Wilson, take pride in the immense effort put forth to create and maintain this personal and private facility. At Westlake Plastic Surgery, your comfort and safety are the primary concerns.
Westlake Plastic Surgery offers procedures for women including breast augmentation, breast lift with implants, mommy makeover, neck lift, and rhinoplasty as well as procedures for men including gynecomastia surgery, body lift and nose job (rhinoplasty).