Before And After Photos
This is a 50 year old patient who is 5’7″ and 120 pounds who had a previous breast augmentation and complained of harness of both breasts and enlarged nipples. She had 300 cc textured saline implants placed in the subglandular position. They were both hard, non mobile, stuck on in appearance and actually somewhat painful.
I removed her implants, put in 300cc high profile smooth silicone implants beneath the muscle. I kept her old implant capsules at they appeared normal and I needed the extra layer to cover her implants for a more natural result.
She enjoys soft mobile breasts. The top of the breast has a more natural slope. There is no pain. She can give full frontal hugs without embarrassment. Her nipples are smaller and more attractive. She is very pleased with her breast revision procedure.
Lessons to learn:
- She has gone from hard, round, stuck on breasts to natural soft breasts. The key to our success was moving new implants beneath the muscle. She had a paper thin layer of actual breast tissue and she needed every available tissue to cover the new implants and implants contract less when below the muscle.
- Most people know that I’m not a big fan of subglandular implants. They can contract more and they generally show more “issues” than submuscular. There are, however, cases when I would use them.
- Pictures don’t really reveal the biggest gain in her case—her breasts are soft and natural to the feel.
- The good thing about a breast contracture is that you don’t need a bra to support your implants. The bad thing is that they are firm and often distorted.
- Reducing the size of overly large nipples can go a long way to making a breast look more youthful and less matronly.