What are the most common procedures requested by AGC patients? Other than treatment of gynecomastia, of course.
The number of men seeking plastic surgery services has increased year over year at the Austin Gynecomastia Center. Gynecomastia affects millions of men worldwide and more and more of them are seeking the only treatment that works — a surgical procedure to remove the tissue and contour the chest. It only makes sense that while undergoing treatment for gynecomastia, patients have a unique opportunity to undergo other procedures. The following is a list of the most commonly requested procedures at the AGC:
- A nose job or “rhinoplasty” is the most commonly requested procedure to lower a nose hump, narrow a wide nose or refine the tip. This adds an hour or two to the case and recovery is relatively short.
- Liposuction is typically requested on the abdomen and the flanks. The best candidates for this procedure are guys who are close to their ideal Body Mass Index (BMI).
- Ear pinning or ear setback procedures help reduce the prominence of big ears that stick out from the head.
- Facelift and neck lifting procedures are commonly requested by patients of all ages. Older men usually require more extensive procedures while younger men often see quite impressive results with limited procedures. Having good elastic skin always makes it easier for the surgeon to obtain quality results.
- Abdominal skin tightening is ideal for men who have loose skin on the lower abdomen. This excess skin is removed, leaving a final scar low above the pubic area.
- Non-surgical services such as Botox, fillers and medical grade skin care are very common. These are easy add-ons performed in minutes with lasting results. If you have never experienced Botox before, I recommend that you give it a try, as it is truly a game changer.
If you are considering gynecomastia treatment at the world-renowned Austin Gynecomastia Center, you may want to also consider some of the other most common procedures offered by a surgeon with over 28 years of experience in cosmetic surgery experience. When you submit your Virtual Consultation to Dr. Caridi, be sure to mention other areas of interest and submit additional photos for analysis. You’ll be glad you did.