My best advice on how to find a doctor you can trust to all those who are seeking plastic surgery is to concentrate on the one factor that will determine your outcome—your doctor. So, how can the average person find out who is skilled, trustworthy, experienced, and highly regarded?
The Internet is full of advice, for sure, but clever marketing can create illusions for even the sharpest researcher. Sometimes, this deceptive marketing trick can make it seem like a doctor is the answer to all your concerns with plastic surgery. Unfortunately, more often than not, this is not true.
How to find a doctor you can trust? Read Dr. Caridi of Westlake Plastic Sugery “Top 10 Check List” to consider when selecting a plastic surgeon.
- Make sure your doctor is Board Certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Make sure your doctor has enough years in practice to be very experienced (ten years is good)
- Make sure your doctor has the right credentials (quality University, Medical School, and Residency programs)
- Make sure the procedure you are selecting is one of your doctor’s areas of expertise.
- “Meet and greet” your doctor. Schedule a consultation and get a feel for your doctor.
- Check with the Medical Board for serious disciplinary actions. See how many lawsuits your doctor is involved in.
- Check Online reviews, such as CitySearch and Google Local, for consistent comments, favorable or unfavorable.
- Check the quality of the doctor’s website, and look at his/her work in the before and after photos.
- Patient and Doctor referrals are always a great way to learn about your doctor’s reputation.
- Learn from patients who have been treated by the doctor and ask them about their experience and results.
Robert Caridi, MD