Who Is A Gynecomastia Expert?

Caridi_Office_2012_11-14_0903-2Who is a gynecomastia expert?

“I have done some research, but everyone seems to be a gynecomastia expert.” “How do I know who is the “best” doctor?”

There is no formal specialized training in gynecomastia surgery. Almost all board certified plastic surgeons have seen and probably treated some gynecomastia patients. It’s part of their “scope of practice” — part of their formal training. Having said that, who is the best at treating this condition?

My answer to this question is straight forward: those surgeons who see and treat many patients in their practice on a regular basis have more experience, and therefore are more qualified and practiced than the surgeon who only occasionally treats these patients.

It is a condition that is treated primarily with surgery. Knowledge about the condition, its causes, affects and treatment is important, but certainly not compared to the experience gained from treating hundreds of cases surgically—I’m literally talking about hands on experience.

So, if you ask me, I would suggest that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who treats many patients in his or her practice on an annual basis. There is no substitute for practice and experience. Spend time on his/her website to get a feel for their knowledge, patient volume and personality. Look at their before and after photographs for an example of their work. Contact these experienced surgeons and engage their practices. The right surgeon for you, and your road to recovery, is simply a mouse click or phone call away.

How To Know If You Have GynecomastiaWatch

Robert Caridi, MD
Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Founder of the Austin Gynecomastia Center