I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share this gynecomastia advice. The email is from a guy who was considering the Austin Gynecomastia Center and who actually went somewhere else for treatment. He told me I could share his words in the hopes that they will help others.
- Do not make your choice of surgeon by cost. I cannot reiterate enough the fact that you get what you pay for. I’m now dead broke, and still have the condition.
- Go to a surgeon who is known for excelling at this procedure. Any surgeon is going to be confident and tell you he can do a good job, but the truth is there are not many who can deliver superior results. When he had me cut open and was looking at golf-ball sized Gynecomastia tissue, he decided to sew me up and call it a day. All still to this day my surgeon will not admit he did a poor job.
- Choose a surgeon who makes it a point of his practice to understand how mentally devastating the condition can be, as this will ensure he tries his best for optimal results.
- Get it done right the first time. The second surgery is more difficult, no cheaper and increases the chance of complications. I am still classified as a medium-large patient even after my first surgery.
- Get multiple opinions if you have any doubt about your potential surgeon. Had I not contacted another surgeon, my surgeon who would have performed a skin removal surgery on me, which leaves much scarring, when in reality, he just didn’t do a good job in the first place!
- Do not take hormonal supplements. This is going to be a $12,000 mistake when all is said and done, but it feels like a million-dollar mistake when the mental agony and lost time are taken into consideration. And I am in much better shape now naturally than when I was taking the pro-hormones.
- Gynecomastia can lead to extreme denial of your own self image and self worth, but the truth will always be there so stop waiting and get the surgery following the above points.
- And most importantly, life is too short to live with Gynecomastia!
I couldn’t agree more with what this man has said, and I hope you take his wisdom into consideration.